Friday, June 25, 2010

A bittersweet moment: The end of an other school year

Closing out a school year is always bitter sweet. It is hard to believe that I have been teaching for four years now. The end of the school year means I have an other year under my belt. An other year of experience. An other year that I was able to get through full of many days of laughter, exhaustion, even some tears, new ideas, growth, but most importantly full of the growth of my wonderful students. There are no words to describe or explain what each one of my students mean to me and how important they are to me. I am very lucky to be their teacher. I am privileged to be their teacher and to help them reach the next phase/level in their lives. I thank God that I was given this amazing opportunity to teach.... and to teach not just anyone, but to teach the student's that are placed under my care in my classroom. Kudos to an other year.. and looking forward to the next one.

Moving forward. Taking the past with me as lessons. Never forgetting the experiences. Watching a couple of students who are dear to my heart move forward (YAY). About to welcome some new minds into my classroom.

But ready for a summer to rest, relax, reflect, think, sleep, dream, prepare..... and rejuvenate to do it all over again :D but always with a different twist.

3 comments:

  1. I would add that they are lucky also, you are an awesome teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bittersweet is the perfect way to describe the end of the school year. Summer vacation is always a welcome relief to the intensity of the school year, but at the same time, you kinda miss those sweet little faces, the sound of their laughter, and the unpredictable comments that come out of their mouths. You are an awesome teacher. I know your new bunch of kids are going to appreciate you as much as this group did. Enjoy your summer - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the wonderful comments. Soooo sweeeet!

    ReplyDelete