Friday, June 25, 2010

Ph.D Summer Social

Event: Social event for incoming Ph.D students to meet students in other cohorts, recent graduates, and professors.

When: Yesterday :D

How did it go? Great!

It was a really positive experience for me and I was able to interact with many people. I met some of the amazing women who will endure this new experience with me. They seem really nice and I look forward to starting this new adventure with them.

The professors and professionals I will be working with are all wonderful people.

CHAPMAN is an extremely supportive and welcoming environment. I will get through the next few years not only because of my family and loved one, but also because of the caring faculty members at Chapman University that will truly help me get through this difficult task of attaining a doctorate degree.

We received many words of encouragement, advice, and warnings of things to do and not to do!

How do I feel? A mix of emotions. I can't believe this time is almost here. I can't believe I made it this far. I am at the tip of an iceberg, and I honestly do not know what happens next. I have already gone farther in my educational career than I could ever dream for myself. I'm scared. I know it is going to be difficult, but I'm ready for the challenge. Counting down until my 1st day of class, Tuesday August 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment