Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Vacation is OVER

As I look at my clock I realize that it is now past 11pm and I am still frantically working to prepare things for my classroom. I will probably stay up later and later as the week progresses and still wake up by 7 am.

I also have realized that vacation is now over. I had a great vacation. It was great while it lasted... but now, it is time to get to business...

I have officially started juggling my personal life, work, and school... and trying to fit the gym in there somewhere along with eating healthy.

SO FAR? I have had mild success...I could have said I'm failing, but I prefer to look at things optimistically.. I have only started....and I am sure I will get better at this as time goes by...

I can do this.

I will do this.

Even if things are already lining up against me. I will just have to rearrange that line!

In other GOOD news: I officially was notified that I received a small fellowship from Chapman, YAYYYY.

Oh, and one of my most beloved and favorite students contacted me today.. He abruptly moved away last spring and I had not heard from him since. I was able to speak with him and his mother today and I have to say it truly brought a smile to my face. It helped remind me why I do what I do and to put aside the work drama that has already been occurring at the beginning of this school year. In the end, what matters most is what I do in my classroom and what I do for my students in realizing my classroom vision. It is for students like him that I work hard and stay up late to prep materials for.... It was amazing to have a conversation with him. He truly is a sweet boy and I look forward to hearing great things from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment